Servers. Storage. Network.
On this site
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
It is common knowledge that Hardware maintenance is one of the most crucial steps in producing High performance and delivering optimum output. According to Stream Data Centers, the annual cost of maintaining a Large Data Center comes out to be about $25 Million per Annum. A large portion of it goes into the Maintenance of Hardware, Software, Disaster Recovery, Continuous Power Supplies and Networking Equipment.
There is 1 Data Center for every 100 people in the US alone. It is thus crucial to maintain Data Center Equipment and keep them in top form at all times so that they continue to deliver results.
The current scenario of Data Center Management reflects challenges in Maintenance Strategies. According to a report by Data Center Dynamics, if Data Centers were even 20% more efficient, savings on expenditure could go upto $2 Billion. Imagine what an optimized Data Center could do for you, should you choose the right approach to mainrtaining your Data Center.
Let us look at some of the Challenges in Data Center Management and their possible solutions.
Challenges in the face of Data Center Management
According to Software Testing Help, some of the major problems in Data Center Management along with the reported cases are : Data Security (76%), Data Loss (48%), Insufficient Budget (36%), Unplanned Downtime (30%), Lack of sufficient recovery plans (29%).
The IT Data Center spending in 2022 is 227 Billion US Dollars. With an ever-growing pile of IT and Communication Equipment Warranties and Services to manage, Enterprises are beginning to understand just how inconvenient Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Services are.
The Reality of OEM Services and why they fail
It only makes sense to seek Maintenance aid from OEMs knowing that they put together the Original Equipment in the first place, or is it ? You'd like to believe that they have all the expertise for Servicing and Maintenance of that Equipment, and there is no one better to do the job. However, the Reality is far from this. the main objective of OEMs is to make a sale. As your EOL/EOSL Agreement is nearing its termination, OEM Reps start pushing you to purchase new equipment. You are cornered into making this wasteful IT Expenditure for the following reasons:
- OEMs stop Servicing and Maintaining Hardware that has reached their EOL/EOSL rendering that Equipment out of the Market and outdated. They encourage you to buy more "Upgrade" versions of your existing Equipment even though they were producing the correct output for your Organization.
- If you don't choose to buy new equipment, you can go for the Post-warranty Services for your existing Equipment offered by OEMs. These Charges are usually so high that buying new Equipment seems likea viable option. You are left with very limited options with a year-on-year increment of Post-warranty Costs.
- SLAs are fundamental to a Maintenance Agreement. Services that you can expect in cases of Outages, Downtime, Equipment Breakdown etc., are included in the SLAs. Most Organizations don't put enough time into understanding SLAs and what they are paying OEMs to do. It would come to you as no surprise that OEMs put in minimal sub work to commit to the SLAs., which they like to call their "best effort". If you are not questioning SLA Terms beforehand, you are simply signing up for the mediocre level maintenance by your OEM Service Provider.
The Solution : Thomastech Third-paty Maintenance
Third-party Maintenance (TPM) is emerging as a competitive strategy for conventional OEM Services. The reasons are as follows :
- Cost-effective: TPM Providers focus on keeping your Equipment up and running for the long haul. According to many reports, your Hardware can go on serving you for two to three years even after they have been rendered out of the Market by OEMs. Instead of selling you Replacements, they maintain your Equipment which is far from being discarded. Even if EOL/EOSL Agreements have reached Termination, TPM Providers make sure you don't have to make wasteful IT Expenditure to buy new Equipment that you don't otherwise need.
- Multiple Manufacturer Maintenance: TPM Engineers can take care of Multiple Brand Equipment and not just one, unlike OEM Providers who only cater to one Brand. With all your Equipment problems solved by just one TPM provider, you won't have to go through the hassle of keeping several Agreements for different Brands.
- Customized Service: TPMs provide SLA Agreements which are Custom-made for your Business. Since all Organization Servicing needs are different, the Terms and Conditions in the SLA need to be according to your utility so that you get what you paid for. So, when it is time for Contract Renewal, switch to a trusted TPM Service Provider, who can provide SLA for our Equipment which is in accordance with your requirements.
Thomastech provides you with low cost solutions that will increase your efficiency several folds. We are a group of highly qualified industry experts passionate about keeping your business functional and productive by providing Equipment Maintenance Services that are at par with business standards. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service instead of pushing new Equipment on you. We provide a system of IT Asset Management that caters to your demands exclusively.
To learn more about thomastech and to schedule a confidential discussion and evaluation, visit the thomastech website.
You may also call thomastech’s main office at 1 (330) 225-3117, and one of our professionals will be pleased to discuss your needs and answer your questions.
Takeaways from the Article
Effective Communication is Crucial
Establishing clear communication lines with your third-party hardware maintenance provider ensures that both parties understand the expectations and requirements, leading to a more effective partnership.
Customization is Key
Tailoring the services to meet the specific needs of your business is essential. A customized approach ensures that the services provided align well with your business objectives and operational needs.
Choose a third-party hardware maintenance provider that offers scalable solutions. This ensures that as your business grows, the services can be adjusted to meet the increasing demands.
Focus on Proactive Maintenance
Proactive maintenance strategies help in preventing potential issues before they become significant problems, ensuring that the hardware runs efficiently and reliably.
Consider the Cost Implications
While cost shouldn’t be the only consideration, it’s essential to ensure that the services provided offer good value for money and fit within your budget.
The main point of the post is to highlight the top strategies for effectively managing third-party hardware maintenance to ensure operational efficiency and reliability.